Aims and Scope
The Journal on Composite Mechanics and Design is dedicated to the publication of original full-length papers, review articles and short communications of the highest quality that advance the theoretical background and application of composite materials.
Within this scope contributions on the following topics are particularly welcomed:
- Mechanics of structured, nonuniform, and heterogeneous media with complex rheological properties and phase changes
- Thermodynamics, physicochemical mechanics and micromechanics of composite materials
- Properties of fiber, matrix and interphase layers, and interfacial effects
- Averaging methods
- Numerical methods in the mechanics of heterogeneous media and composite materials
- Computer modeling of composite material behavior
- Diagnostics, damage accumulation, strength, stiffness, service life and fracture mechanics of composites
- Composite plates and shells
- Composite structure analysis methods
- Static and dynamic problems
- Environmental interaction
- Smart materials and structures
- Natural and biocomposites
- Methods of experimental study of composites and composite structures
- Problems of composite materials processing
Submission of manuscripts
The languages of the Journal are Russian and English. Contributions from all parts of the world are encouraged. Authors are solely responsible for the factual accuracy of their papers. Two copies of the manuscript (this is true for figures, etc. ) as well as one copy in electronic form (on digital drive or sent by e-mail: email@example.com with/without attachments) should be sent to the Editor:
Professor A.A. Movchan
Institute of Applied Mechanics
Russian Academy of Sciences,
7/1 Leningradsky prospect,
Only papers not previously published will be accepted and authors must agree not to publish elsewhere a paper submitted to, and accepted by, the Journal. Papers of a length exceeding 30 A4 pages (manuscript and figures) will not be acceptable unless a prior arrangement has been made with the Editor.
All authors must sign the “Transfer of Copyright” agreement before the article can be published. The copyright transfer covers the exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute the article, including reprints, photographic reproductions or any other reproductions of similar nature and translations, and includes the right to adapt the article for use in conjunction with computer systems and programs, including reproduction or publication in machine-readable form and incorporation in retrieval systems. Authors are responsible for obtaining from the copyright holder permission to reproduce any figures for which copyright exists.
Preparation of manuscripts
Authors should examine previous issues of the Journal as a guide to the preparation of papers. Each manuscript must be double spaced (left margin – 4 cm, top – 3 cm, right and bottom – both 2 cm), on one side of white paper, preferably standard A4 size. You should write in clear and concise Russian or English. If appropriate, give a shorten title for the paper not exceeding 40 characters for use in the running headings.
Where the article is available on CD (or sent by e-mail), this should be supplied with the final accepted version of the manuscript. Files on disk should correspond directly to the hard copy. Disks should be IBM-PC compatible using Microsoft Word word processing programs (please use Times New Roman or Times New Roman Cyr TrueType fonts, size 12). Fugures should be submitted in any of widespread formats (except PostScript): bmp, jpg, gif, tiff, pcx, pdf, or in internal formats of MS Excel, Adobe’s Photoshop &/or Illustrator, or Corel ones. If you have any queries regarding the suitability of other programs, please contact us by e-mail.
Arrangement of papers
- Paper title (UPPER CASE, BOLD, SIZE-13, centered), author’s name, affiliation (italic), full postal and e-mail address. Affiliations and addresses of co-authors should be clearly indicated. The title should be short, specific and informative.
- Self-contained abstract outlining in a single paragraph the aims, scope and conclusions of the paper.
- List of six to ten key words
- The text, suitably divided under headings (these can be numbered).
- Acknowledgements (if any).
- References (double spaced, in Journal style) should be complete with full titles and arranged at the end of the paper in the order of citation. Names of journals and book should not be abbreviated.
- Appendix (if any).
- Tables (each to be on a separate sheet, numbered consecutively).
- Legends to illustrations.
- Illustrations, each on a separate sheet containing no text, and clearly labelled with author’s name and illustration number. Original black and white photographs, preferably glossy prints, are acceptable; photocopies of photographs are not. Please contact the editorial office for details.
- The manuscript must be signed by the author(s).
Mathematical and technical setting
Detailed mathematical discussion should be placed in an appendix. Equations and formulae (Equation Editor from MS Word is preferred) should be typewritten with Arabic numerals in parentheses on the right hand side of the page. Notation should conform to that most frequently used in the engineering field concerned.
Offprints and reprints
The corresponding author will receive free specimen of Journal issue containing author’s paper.
Reprints can be ordered from the Editorial office (this service is not free of charge).
The Procedure for Review
The procedure for review of manuscripts published in the Journal “Composite Mechanics and Design”
- All manuscripts published in the Journal “Mechanics of Composite Materials and Constructions” (hereinafter the “Journal”) required to undergo peer review.
- Reviewers are recognized experts on the subject of peer-reviewed material and have for the last 3 years the publications on the subject of peer-reviewed articles. Reviewers are appointed from among the members of the editorial board, employees IAM RAS, other professionals, usually a doctorates, professors.
- Reviews are stored in the editorial office for 5 years.
- Head of the editorial board/executive secretary determines if the peer-reviewed paper matches the profile of the Journal and the requirement for typography.
- Selection of the reviewers for each manuscript made at the meetings of the editorial board.
- The duration of the review is not more than 3 months from the date of receipt of the work to the reviewer.
- The reviewer determines:
- The conformity of the manuscript content to the research topics of the Journal.
- The relevance and novelty of the content of the manuscript.
- The reliability and validity of the results described in the manuscript.
- The scientific level of the manuscript.
- The advantages and disadvantages of the manuscript, both in form and content.
- The review ends with the conclusion about the possibility or impossibility of the publication of the manuscript in the Journal as in the presented view or after author’s revision.
- A request for the revision of the manuscript does not mean it mandatory publication after processing.
- The ready-review (positive or negative) is sent to the authors for the response to the comments and (or) making corrections to the manuscript in accordance with the comments made.
- The answer to the review and the revised version of the manuscript without fail is directed to the referee for the final conclusion about the possibility of publication of the manuscript in the Journal or its rejection.
- The final decision about the publication of the manuscript is accepted or rejected by the editorial board.
- In the case of a decision to reject the manuscript the reasoned refusal is sent to the author.
- In case of controversial cases or in the accordance with the wishes of the members of the editorial board of the manuscript is sent for re-review.
- The editorial board agrees to send copies of reviews in the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation on admission the corresponding request.